Video Interviews – Present Yourself with Confidence
Gain confidence and learn how to put your best foot forward for virtual interviews in this 90 min. course. I will help you improve how you present yourself to a prospective employer and provide practical tips and personalized feedback.
Are you interviewing for an internship or new position and the thought of a video interview has you nervous as heck? This 90 min. session will help smooth over your video interview jitters. During the session I will give some pointers, then test your on-camera style, listen to how you present yourself, provide feedback and assign some homework. You will receive specific, concrete and practical tips for improving your video presence from both technical and content perspectives. If you are nervous about the video interview format, this is great way to build confidence.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Technical overview of the virtual interview (how to set up an environment that works)
- How to look professional
- What you need to know about working in virtual collaborative environments
- How to read a job description and understand what they are asking for and know if you have it
- The importance of a growth mindset when interviewing
- How to confidently respond to the interview questions: Tell me a little about yourself and tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
- Valuing your unique past and present experiences even if they are not directly related to your career goals
90 minute session, small group format
- Introductions & overview
- What employers are looking for
- Presenting your best self: technical tips, content tips, mindset tips
- Virtual collaboration and presentation tools
- Practice interviews & feedback
HOW TO REGISTER
- Choose a date from the dropdown menu and add to cart
- Check out with a credit card
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to the Zoom meeting.
Contact us if you’d like more information or to request specific dates.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Connie Wansbrough is a designer, entrepreneur, teacher and co-founder of Skillpod, Inc. For the past 20 years, she has straddled the worlds of philanthropy and design, taking a design thinking and design-driven approach to social issues and social enterprise. She has taught and developed curriculum at the College level for 10 years, focusing on design research, design entrepreneurship and work/life skills.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Please see our Refunds & Cancellations policy for details.